Can onyone please tell me clearly how to register .ocx files in a easy way using installshield. I kow the cmd where when I am using the command
regsvr32 .ocx it is succeding but I don't know how to do it using InstallShield
Community Chosen Answer
Here are five methods to accomplish this task:
- In the Setup Design view, right-click the desired feature and select Component Wizard. Browse to the file, add it and select the Extract COM Info Immediately checkbox. Then complete the Component Wizard.
- In the Setup Design view, click the component that contains the DLL and set the COM Extract at Build property to Yes.
- In the Setup Design view, click the component that contains the DLL, expand the Files node, right-click the key file and select Extract COM Data for Key file.
- In the Setup Design view, click the component, expand the Files node, right-click the key file, select Properties, then select the Self-Register checkbox. Be sure to click Apply, then OK.
- In the InstallScript view, you can do manual registration by calling regsvr32.exe. If you are doing this from an InstallScript custom action in a Basic MSI project, you may need to set the custom action to Deferred in System Context.