I was receiveing the above error msg; upgraded to 5.4.10622 as I was told this would fic the issue, I have also "re-saved" patch schedules, disabled signature checking etc....

 

Answer Summary:
Cancel
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

1

Have you seen this?

http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/kace-k1000-i-ve-upgraded-to-5-4-and-now-receving-error-downloading-signatures-for-windows-when-downloading-patches

Also, are you using rep shares on the machines getting this error?

Answered 05/16/2013 by: dugullett
Red Belt

  • @dugullett What would it matter if replication shares were being used?
    I have the same issue, same versions and a remote site that uses a Kace DP rep share. Many, but not all machines out there have the error ([sig DL] failed).
    • To be honest since I did answer this a while back I'm not sure where I was going with it. I had a few of those errors. I noticed that some machines had multiple patch schedules running on them. They either fell into the same label, or typo on my part. I also recreated my patch schedules, and it seemed to resolve a lot of issues.
      • Thanks. Yeah, I recreated them all a couple weeks ago after wrestling with post 5.4 issues for a couple months. Kace support had me manually set our server's time, but that didn't help. Various schedules would either start 10 minutes late, 2-3 hours late or not at all. After recreating the patch schedules, it still didn't help, but I found a new time server last week that did. So my patch schedules will run now, but about 80% of my remote site (170 computers), come back with the error (sig DL failed). Many local machines had the same problem, but not as bad as the remote site.

        I'll post my fix if I find one. I'm hoping 5.5 comes out soon so I can get busy working on some new and different buggy issues instead of the same old ones. LOL
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share