Raypack, msi file in all users Appdata
I'd like to place a file of a Installation in the users appdata. the Problem is, we'll deploy with sccm and then it writes the file in system32/System... instead of C:\users\xyz123\appdata\roaming
so, i'd like to copy this file for all users in the appdata Folder. how is this possible in raypack?and pls, try to explain it for a guy that doensnt know much about packaging :/
Community Chosen Answer
Search for John MacFadyen's article about self-healing.
Essentially, the steps are:
- create a new feature called, say, 'CurrentUserData'
- in the new feature, create a new component containing the user profile-targeted data
- ensure that the component has registry data as its key path. If the component doesn't natively have registry data, create some. I use something like 'HKCU\Software\[ClientName]\SelfHealing\[ProductName]\[ComponentName]\[ComponentID]. Export the registry key somewhere where you can access and import it in future - saves having to recreate the key next time.
- find an existing feature which contains an advertised entry-point, normally an advertised shortcut. If the existing shortcuts are non-advertised, create new ones which are.
- if there are no shortcuts or other advertised entry-points, use Active Setup to trigger self-healing.
- move the existing feature in the feature tree so that it becomes a child of your new feature