Office 2013 deployment k2000 or K1000?
I am looking to deploy a silent install of Office 2013 after a scripted installation on the K2000. Is this best as a post install task in the K2000 or as a managed installation from the K1000? I am also looking for step by step documentation for either solution.
Community Chosen Answer
My advice, use the K2 for OS and simple tasks, and let the K1 do all your software deployments. Here's how I do it.
1) Customize your software with the MS Office Customization Tool.
2) I have an external SW repository where I keep my large installations (i.e. MS Office)
3) I give the K1 only the setup.exe for that software tile in the Inventory. (This is just to get it to show up in the Managed installations)
4) I create a managed installation for that SW title, but I use the "Override Default installation" options and use the full command line where I refer to the SW in my external SW repository.
5) I create my deployment labels
7) Enable the execution, Save.
And let the machines start checking in.
Goes without saying that I would obviously only apply the label to my test machine first to ensure all goes as planned. Then apply the label that targets the machines that need the SW.
Hope this helps.
Answered 07/27/2016 by: Soloman007
Please log in to comment
log in to commentPlease