/bundles/itninjaweb/img/Breadcrumb_cap_w.png
I am having a bit of an issue. First time I am trying to deploy an app with Server 2008. Followed all of the fun directions

Created GPO under an OU, added a test computer group.
Under Computer Config > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installation
Added google chrome MSI, selceted advanced, chose uninstall when out of scope etc.

ran gpupdate /force on the select computers and restarted a few times. It never installs. I tried this with chrome, flash, and java and none of them will install. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Also
Test computers: 1 XP PRO SP3, 1 Win 7 Pro SP1
0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Answers

0
- Are you using the Enterprise version?
- Does the MSI you have install silently from the command line?
- Are you applying a transform to the MSI?
Answered 07/08/2011 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
have you got the MSI in a shared directory, with permissions everyone can at least read from, and did you browse for the MSI to the shared directory and not a local path?
Answered 07/08/2011 by: squeakstar
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
0
@ VBScab

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No

@ Squeakstar - Yes, yes, yes


Update for both of you. I think it has to do with the particular server I was trying to deploy the apps on. I have three different sites I am working on, one with Server 2008, SBS 2003 and SBS 2008. The server I was trying this on is Server 2008 and I remember i updated the ADMX files to Server 2008 R2 admx files so I could try Group Preferences with a new Windows 7 machine. Seeming how UAC was blocking my login scripts from really working. The Group Preferences are working on the Windows 7 machine but it is giving me error messages for any GPO i try to deploy an app with.

The Error is

Administrative Templates

Encountered an error while parsing

Expected one of the following possible element(s), <text>, <decimalTextBox>,
<textBox>, <checkBox>, <comboBox>, <dropdownList>, <listBox>,
but found <multiTextBox> instead.

File
\\NCCI.LOCAL\SysVol\NCCI.L...\terminalserver-Server.adml, line 198, column 60


after i click OK i get another error

Encountered an error while parsing.

Encounted an unknown error while parsing (error = 0x87400001): -2025848831 (0x87400001)

File \\NCCI.LOCAL\SysVol\NCCI.L...\terminalserver-Server.admx, line 9, column 41



I tried the exact same steps above on a different server running SBS 2008 and it deployed Chrome, Adobe Reader 10.1.0, Java 6 U 26, Adobe Flash Active X/ Plugin 10.3 flawlessly. I ran a batch file to restart all machines and they all restarted and updated fine. I have not tried this on the SBS 2003 server yet tho.
Answered 07/08/2011 by: dkstech
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment