We want to standardize the way our MSI are build. I have created an Installshield template that contains many custom actions build in VBS. This template is applied on MSI that we capture so that any package captured have the same set of custom actions that we can call or not.
In some cases, we get MSI directly from vendors. In such cases, we are not capturing the installation but we rather apply a transform to these MSI.
Is there a way to create an MST based on a MST template that would contains all our Custom Actions?
Community Chosen Answer
Steps to be taken ( when using InstallShield)
- Open Blank ISM and add all the custom actions and your specific settings
- Save as a template.ism
- Build MSI
- Installshield - Tools - Create / Apply Transforms
- Choose "create transform based on the diff. between 2 msi's"
- Choose Base ( empty MSI) and Target Package ( your template.msi)
- choose "Do not perform validation prior..."
- Choose "suppress the following..."
- Select all the error conditions to make your MST generic!
- Choose file location and name of MST
- Next - Finish
- You have your GENERIC mst!