UPDATE

I found out my problem! It was an embedded VBscript Call that was hanging since it needed to write to the file that was unavailable. I simply added one If statement and it's now works great.

[hr]

Hi guys!

I need your help.

I created a package where I use System Search to find a file. If the file is not found I cancel the installation.

When I install my package and that the file is there the installation goes on and completes and when the file ins't the installation is cancelled with a custom message which is what I want.

So here come's my problem.

Before uninstalling If I rename or delete the file being searched the uninstall hangs and goes forever even if I press Cancel

The last lines on the verbose log file are:
[blockquote]Action ended 08:07:01: PublishFeatures. Return value 1.
Action start 08:07:01: PublishProduct.
MSI (s) (F4:70) [08:07:01:652]: Skipping action: ScheduleReboot (condition is false)
MSI (s) (F4:70) [08:07:01:652]: Doing action: Action
Action ended 08:07:01: PublishProduct. Return value 1.

[/blockquote]And also can see in the log file that the AppSearch as been skipped.
[blockquote]MSI (s) (F4:70) [08:06:57:850]: Skipping action: AppSearch (condition is false)[/blockquote]
Then I tried to put the file back where it should be then the uninstall goes smoothly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nelson
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Are you sure it's an AppSearch issue? Maybe to see if it is an issue with the AppSearch mechanism, try conditioning the AppSearch action (In InstallExecuteSequence table and InstallUISequence table) to only run on installation of the product?
Answered 07/09/2008 by: captain_planet
Second Degree Brown Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Exactly. What condition(s) have you applied to the AppSearch action?
Answered 07/09/2008 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I was just going to suggest the same as Captain_Planet.

Along with the other suggestion - don't delete/rename the file that is being searched [:D]

Dunnpy
Answered 07/09/2008 by: dunnpy
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
"Along with the other suggestion - don't delete/rename the file that is being searched " .... LOL

I found out my problem! It was an embedded VBscript Call that was hanging since it needed to write to the file that was unavailable. I simply added one If statement and it's now works great.

Thanks for your quick replies.
Answered 07/09/2008 by: nbarradas
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity