I have been pushing out Office 2003 pro sp1 with no problems via my GPO.
Last week I updated my admin install point to SP2. now when I try to push it out with the GPO, Even to a New clean computer I get.. This..
Any Ideas, no Permissions Have changed.. I checked the right and the Computers still have rights.


Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Management
Event Category: None
Event ID: 102
Date: 01/31/2006
Time: 10:59:14 AM
Computer: BRIGGS1
The install of application Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 from policy Millwood Office 2003 & Publisher 2003 failed. The error was : The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it.
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.


When I updated my Admin Install share with SP2 I had to click on the "All Tasks", "Redeploy application" on the .MSI in the GPO

Once you update the admin share you will need to refresh the policy so that it can pick up the newly modified .MSI file

I think that should fix your problem. Please let me know how it works out mate

Answered 01/31/2006 by: Crazy
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
It is trying to install but it fails, but it make sense that maybe the gpo has a checksum of the MSI file. I had to roll back my admin install point (shadow copy is great).
But I will setup a new GPO and deployment today. I really don;t want to test it on 100 computers.
NEW Question
If I installed office 2003 sp1 Via GPO, then updated them directly with the Patches (via Shavlik). Can I update my Admin install point to SP2 and then redeploy to all the computers?
Answered 02/01/2006 by: sciarrino
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
That's interesting. We have just completed our rollout of SP2 to 1000+ pcs. We had this error on a small number. We are pretty sure the error only happened where users had cut the installation because it was taking too long. It is not an accurate error message. The source clearly is available. We cleared the error by using the MS utility msicuu.exe.
Our update removed computers from the SP1 policy and put them in a new group for the SP2 policy, so it is not a problem caused by using the policy to upgrade. Not sure exactly what it is, but when we looked at the faulty machines, they still had the old source path in the registry even though SP1 had been removed. It looks to me more like a slight bug in the MS package.
Answered 02/07/2006 by: YatesAG
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity