Has anyone hit this?

After moving the Wise Share point to a share on a new server we find our clients are unable to perform the
"Distribute to share point directory"
task in a 'repackage for windows installer' type project.

The error returned is when it starts to copy to share point, and says it's unable to copy from
\\{new server}\sharepoint\projects\program files etc..
to
\\{old server}\sharepoint\000\031.... etc.

We've set Tools\preferences share point on the clients, and confirmed it isn't just a history issue by rebuilding machines and reinstalling with no reference to the old share point.

Any help much appreciated.
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
in the registry, change path in the keys...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wise Solutions\Wise Package Studio\Settings]
"WorkbenchDsn"="b:\\Wise Share Point\\Workbench\\Database.dct"
"Sharepoint"="b:\\Wise Share Point\\"

b:\ is just an example....

//Göran
Answered 09/15/2004 by: fetgor
Senior Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks Goran, tried that but it didn't work, those keys weren't there at all, but have added them, and the issue is the same. Still get error copying file when distribute to share point.

is there a procedure for moving a share point folder, I assume the database needs to know it's moved, and setting preferences on the client side doesn't seem to do this.
Answered 09/15/2004 by: DuncanPaul
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
have you checked in HKLM?
Answered 09/15/2004 by: fetgor
Senior Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Yep, there are no references to \\{oldserver} on the clients at all. When we install the clients we do a client install, Full install, so there is actually nothing installed to HKLM at all.
Just to be safe I've just exported the HKCU\software\Wise solutions tree, and changed to HKLM, and reimported, tested and the issue is the same.
I'm guessing that the issue is that the database needs to be told where the new Share point is, and thats why its failing.
Answered 09/15/2004 by: DuncanPaul
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
0
remove, reinstall then - easier I guess....
Answered 09/15/2004 by: fetgor
Senior Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks again, yeah, the guy who moved it is doing that just now, but I wonder if that'll fix it, as we'll just have to import all the packages in share point into a new software database, and I can do that step now anyhow.
anyway, thanks for your help, if we sort it I'll post it.
Answered 09/15/2004 by: DuncanPaul
Orange Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity