Managed Installs not running unless manual Inventory run
I have approximately 60 PC's that don't appear to even begin to install Managed Install applications when their auto-inventory is run every 6 hours as scheduled, or if I run the Force Check-in script across them. I find though, that if I manually run an inventory via the k1000 web interface for each one individually, the MI begins and completes successfully.
When it doesn't start, there are no logs that appear to contain any reference to the MI or the related software product (in this case a SQL 2008 R2 Express upgrade from SQL 2005). I would at least expect to see the install begin but fail due to perhaps an incorrect command line option on the install command, however I don't get anything logged relating to the MI. All affected PC's are running Windows XP SP3.
EDIT: I've found that running C:\Program Files\Dell\KACE\runkbot.exe 6 0 manually on the PC's installs the applicable MI as well.
Something else to note, ALL machines are in remote locations with local replication shares setup. Many sites are still replicating patch data, but MI information has completed. Other machines at the same sites, have applied the MI during the applicable install window with no problems.