KACE K1000 5.4 update issues thread
Thought I might start a list of issues people are noticing with 5.4. We jumped in with both feet over the weekend, I'm sure a lot of people are probably not upgrading so quickly. So far here's what I've found:
- All custom fields were deleted in our service desk queue (only had one queue, so don't know how it affects multiple queue installs)
- Custom field modification page is broken in Chrome (latest stable version on Windows, this *might* be what deleted all my custom fields)
- Now when you have a single select, if you leave "default" blank, the first option in your list of choices is now selected by default. Previously, you would have had a blank selection. This means that if you have a single select that is mandatory, if the user skips it, they can save without changing the selection.
- On UserVoice and in the release notes, it was said that improvements were coming to the custom fields in Service Desk, such as being able to select an asset type. I can select an Asset Type for a field when creating a new custom field in assets, but not in service desk ticket custom fields.
- All of my custom service desk rules had to be rewritten
- There does not appear to be a way to have a custom service desk rule that applies to unassigned tickets. Owner username is null does not return unassigned tickets. Same with Owner Full Name is not null.