I feel like I'm missing something extremely obvious here, but I haven't had a chance to devote 100% of my time to this. I created a RSA yesterday for some testing. I then created a custom KBE to boot directly to this so I did not have to change PXE options for this subnet. It's failing at mounting the shares "ERROR: Unable to mount Kbox share at \\X.X.X.X\peinst".

I know this is because the RSA is still using "admin" for the share password, and not the password of my K2000. I can manually map "Y" and "T" after the error, and finish the KBE.

My question is should the RSA password eventually sync, or will it always be admin? If it never changes how would I get around this for testing?

Answer Summary:
I ended up changing my password and rebuilding my KBEs. This worked immediately after the first sync. My old password did include a "!" in the 4th character. I'm not 100% sure this caused the problem, but my new password contains no special characters.
Cancel
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Community Chosen Answer

2

The password should sync.  However, it depending on the version of the k2 you are using, there was a bug with using symbols as passwords.  Updating to the latest version of the k2 should resolve this issue for you (with the exception that ! can not be used as the first character.

Corey
Lead L3 Enterprise Solutions Consultant, K2000
If my response was helpful, please rate it!

Answered 10/29/2013 by: cserrins
Red Belt

  • I'm running 3.5.80613 of the K2, and 3.5.80582 for the RSA. I read a couple of posts about the special characters. I thought about changing it to test, but it would require me rebuilding the KBEs which I guess is worth a shot.

    I did change the PXE options for the subnet in my test lab and tried it out. I used a known working KBE on those machines that I synced and received the same error.

    I think I'm going to start by completely rebuilding the RSA, and hope it was a fluke.

    Not every time, but a lot of the time when I do a manual sync I do get an error "error_updating_samba_settings: exit code =". So I'm guessing it doesn't like something.
  • I ended up changing my password and rebuilding my KBEs. This worked immediately after the first sync. My old password did include a "!" in the 4th character. I'm not 100% sure this caused the problem, but my new password contains no special characters.
Please log in to comment

Answers

0

It should grab the new password after it syncs the first time.

Answered 10/29/2013 by: nheyne
Red Belt

  • That is what I was thinking also, but it's not. I forced it a few times, deleted/recreated the linking, rebooted multiple times, and scheduled it to sync early this morning. I thought maybe giving it 12+ hours to catch up would have caused it to eventually sync the passwords.

    After I manually mapped the drives, and continued the KBE I was able to image using the only image I synced to that RSA.
Please log in to comment
0

I had to change the password, sync, change it back to what it was and sync again, then it worked on the RSA.  I do have the special character Corey mention in my pw.

Answered 10/29/2013 by: SMal.tmcc
Red Belt

  • I tried this. I changed it to "test", and synced the RSA. I then changed it back on the K2, synced again, but the RSA held on to the "test" password. I guess I'm just going to end up changing it to something without special characters. I'll just need to do this when I have time to rebuild the KBEs. Seems like it should work though.
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity