K2000 - Newer Mac OSX 8 Netboot Images Won't Boot
K2000 Box Version 3.5.x I have been successful in the past with Mac OS X System 10.6 & 10.7 Netboot images. However not successfull with 10.8 Netboot images. Our newer iMac13,1 models need a new Net Boot image to boot the newer iMacs.
My Procedure is as follows:
1. Go to newest Mac computer that I have on campus and login to an Admin account.
(Turn of virus protection before starting)
2. Go to Apple's App Store and download the latest Mac OS Version (today 10.8.4)
3. Open Applications Folder and find the copy of the install media you just downloaded.
(Install Mac OS X whatever)
4. Right click on it and choose "Show Package Contents"
GO -> Contents -> ShareSupport ->
Double Click on InstallESD.dmg (this mounts that image)
5. Logon to Kace 2000 using Firefox
Go Library Tab à Overview à and click on "Download Media Manager"
It moves to “Source Media” Tab
Click on "Download for Mac OS X" to download it
Double Click the resulting "kmediamanager_macosx.zip" file
This produces the "K2000 Media Manager" application
6. Next I Go to --> Create Netboot Image Tab
Type in Hostname = or IP address
Type in Source Name
Click on Browse & go to DEVICES at bottom left of finder window and choose “Mac OS X Install ESD”
Type in a NETBOOT Password. This will be used to login to NetBoot once it boots to your Mac.
Click Start Build and you are asked to type in the computer your using’s admin password.
7. It builds the image and uploads it to the K2000 successfully. I then set the K2000 to use this new image as the Mac Netboot image. HOWEVER, Neither the newer iMac13,1 or the older 12,1 will netboot. Both should be able to boot.
Any ideas on what is going wrong??? Is my procedure wrong???