K1000 Scripting Problems
I submitted a ticket to KACE Support about this issue, but from my experience, as soon as they hear the word "script", they lose all motivation to help because they no longer help with script writing. That being said, I thought I would post the same problem here to see if anyone could help.
There seems to be a fundamental issue with how scripts are run. I have a computer imaging process that I have used for about a year and a half now without any issues. When we upgraded our KBOX to 5.5 and our agents to 5.5.25198, it all stopped working. I have narrowed it down to some change in how runkbot.exe and the agent work. I used to be able to call "runkbot 3 0" or "runkbot *script id* 0" without any issues. Now, it seems that either of those commands run in the context of the invoker regardless of the script being referenced.
For example, I have an online script set to "Run as" our domain admin. With these updates, when I do either a "runkbot 3 0" or a "runkbot 72 0" parts of the script fail because I see "(output) Running as: testadmin" (which is the standard user logged into the machine) and get the "ERROR: Access is denied" message.
Again, this is not an issue with my script. I know this because if I run the same "runkbot 72 0" command from an elevated command prompt, it runs without any issues. For some reason, the "Run as" feature of the online scripts no longer works for the runkbot.exe command. I have also tested this on multiple scripts and have gotten the same results.