K1000 RC 5.5 - Don't upgrade your production environment.
Not really a question here, but just wanted to make sure people don't upgrade to the 5.5 RC in their production environments. I was stupid enough to upgrade and thought that after doing a manual backup that it kept the files (I guess it's set to auto-backup nightly and only keeps 1 day). So I lost my backup - total noob mistake - and am now unable to downgrade.
5.5 brings a lot of potential, but we're having some severe issues. I'm working with engineers to iron out the bugs, and I know they rely on us to provide info. I just want to make sure others out there only put this through to their test environments.
Our environment consists of:
- Windows 7 x86
- Windows 7 x64
- Approximately 5,000 total machines
- 20 locations, each with their own replication server
Some known issues I've seen in our environment:
- Agents show AMP connection but aren't checking in unless forced via RUN NOW script.
- Performance of GUI is horrible.
- Replication tab takes approximately 5 minutes to load.
- FILTERS DONT WORK CORRECTLY. This is the biggest issue. If I specify IP ranges, and computer descriptions, it doesn't work. I've already been on with tech support for 3 hours with this issue and it's being escalated. The filters simply don't work as intended.
- Replication servers aren't replicating.
- Inventory view by default shows oldest machines first. Every time I go back to my inventory page, it shows machines that are basically MIA instead of the newest check-ins. No way to change or remember this preference (I can hit filter a couple times and make newest first...but if I go back later, it's back to old check ins)
- If I do a simple inventory search of "software title" contains "CS6", it will take 15-20 minutes to load.
- While the inventory searches or replication tabs are loading/timing out, you can't click anywhere else. In order to use the K1000 interface, you need to close the browser entirely and login again. Loading new tabs just times out.