We attempted a K1000 upgrade to 5.4 and we ran into this issue so we reverted versions and waited until 5.4 SP1. The issue still exists in the new version.

Our server logs contain this entry every time an agent attemps to login with a server name in a different case than is entered in the K1000 server name:

[Thu Mar 28 21:10:26 2013] [error] Hostname KBOX.site.domain.com provided via SNI and hostname kbox.site.domain.com provided via HTTP are different

When we attempt to run a "runkbot 4 0" command on the clients we receive this error:

Kbot [4-0] not found locally, downloading ...

DownloadFile(https://KBOX.site.domain.com/service/kbot_service_notsoap.php?METHOD=getkbot&KUID=*masked*&KBOT_ID=4&KBOT_VERSION=0&CLIENT_VERSION=5.4.5315, C:\ProgramData\Dell\KACE\kbots_cache\4-0.xml) response code error (400): Error (cURL) copying files from ...

When I use a normal browser to retrieve that URL, the xml file displays fine. I used the cURL utility and received an error 400 again. This appears to be a known bug with Apache https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=49491

I've already submitted a ticket and didn't get anywhere, so I wanted to see if anyone has had this issue before and if a resolution was found. One thing I've already tried is running a script on every machine to ensure the server name is all lower case and restarting the AMPAgent service. The machines will check-in manually at that point, but do not check-in at the scheduled interval.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

0

We have a log full of these errors:  [error] Hostname KBOX.site.domain.com provided via SNI and hostname kbox.site.domain.com provided via HTTP are different.

Support suggested:

"Can we try changing the DNS hostname in KACE to all uppercase save and restart and see if the error persists. Then once we see if it goes away if youd like we can change it back to all lowercase save and restart."

That did not fix it.

 

Answered 04/04/2013 by: lwhittaker
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0

You may also want to disable SSL on your K1000 (K1000 Setting + Control Panel tab + Security Setting + Edit mode + SSL Enabled on port 443) and reboot the KBOX. You would then re-check the SSL Enabled on port 443 box, reinstall your certificate and reboot one last time. Thanks

Answered 04/05/2013 by: stevech
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share