Wondering how many folks here pulled the trigger and upgraded to 5.4. I am not expert on kace by any means but know enough to be dangerous maybe. I would not know what to do if things went south during upgrade.

0 Comments   [ - ] Hide Comments


Please log in to comment

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity



they are talking of a sp1 release after the first of the year, if things are currently working for you hold off till then.  The only problem we had is the upgrade messed up our smart labels and we can only see 150 of them, working with support to get rest back.  If you go for it just make sure you export and backup prior.

Answered 12/21/2012 by: SMal.tmcc
Red Belt

  • Thank you for the quick reply. I will definitely hold off then and just wait for SP1.
  • I tried, but it's failing miserably. I just backburned it and am in the process of rolling it back. Kace Support has been sitting on my ticket for over a week now.
  • What's the issue you are having Greg?
  • gcarpenter

    I'm sorry to hear that support is sitting on your ticket. Could you create another ticket and refrence the current ticket and put in subject issue and Please assign to Kace tech Mary?
  • If anyone gets a failed upgrade because of large database please see this link to help resolve:

  • Just upgraded yesterday. So far, so good. Everything appears to be working OK with only minor differences that aren't impacting our daily work. We have been live for < 6 months so we probably have a more "virgin" environment than most people who have been using it longer.

    Since we are using the VK1000, it was quite easy: change the IP so nobody checks in/creates tickets, run backups, create snapshot of the VM, begin update to 5.4, test it a bit, take a snapshot post upgrade, then change the IP back and return to live service. Overall took about 45 minutes for us on a 3 server array with an iSCSI SAN.
Please log in to comment