I opened a ticket with Dell Kace on October 15th, 2015 because we started seeing this error.  This problem still exists and support doesn't know how to fix it.  I went for a week without any update on the ticket via email or by calling their support desk. I had to call and demand to speak with someone and was on the phone for over 2 hours while a technician looked at our problem and could not fix it because we can't view tickets. We found 63 tickets that were sitting in unassigned that we couldn't see because we get the above error message using the built in views, custom views and advanced searches.  We did 2 WebEx meetings for them to turn rules off and on and say well we don't know what the problem is.  Yesterday I get an email telling me to extract the tickets to an Excel spreadsheet to see if I can figure out what tickets are causing the problem.  If I knew what the problem was I would have fixed it long ago.  Today I get an email asking if they can close my ticket? HELLO we are still having a problem so why would support even think about closing this ticket.

We are on version 6.4.119927 and did not have this problem until we went to this version.

Is or has anyone else experienced this and if so what resolved it?

I usually am an advocate for this product and it has saved us time and money but the support that we are receiving is less than acceptable anymore. 
4 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

  • is this happening with all browsers? I have seen this error a lot in FF since updating to 6.4
  • This content is currently hidden from public view.
    Reason: Removed by member request
    For more information, visit our FAQ's.
  • We are seeing this as well. Has Dell provided a resolution yet?
  • Dell supplied a tether last week and since then we have not experienced the problem. I kept the ticket open for last week to make sure the problem had disappeared and it seems to be fixed. Support did not tell me what the problem was or how they fixed it.
  • We are experiencing the same issue. All browsers. Also on version 6.4.119927.

    I haven't submitted a ticket yet - the last one I submitted ~1 month ago for a seperate issue is still unanswered. What happened to the once-great support for this product?
    • I am not sure what is happening with their support but you are right it has gone completely downhill. I would put in a ticket so you can get this resolved. The answer I got from them when I asked what the fix was , did I set something up that caused this problem or was it a bug in 6.4 - R&D worked on the problem and they don't share their results. Good Luck and hopefully the fix they did for us will work for you. Make sure when you open the ticket you send them the appliance logs and a list of all your ticket rules. I had to supply that to them before they would even look at sending the problem to R&D.
Please log in to comment

Answers

0
We have also experienced this issue. We are running 6.4.119927 as well. For us, it began when we started to use the "Summary" field. Our work around was to set this field back to hidden and the error goes away. It appears that even though that field is not displayed in the ticket list, its existence causes the payload to be too large. Even still, it was not happening to us all of the time. It seemed to depend on how many, and perhaps even which, tickets were included in the result set. We have not contacted support about this issue as of yet. 
Answered 11/30/2015 by: joseb
Senior Yellow Belt

  • I am still working with support and no answer as to how to fix this. This is really crippling my staff in being able to efficiently do their work. I will try hiding the summary field to see if this works for us. Thanks
  • I tried turning this off for us and it didn't work still getting the error.
    • I wonder if there could be another "large" field such as Resolution or a custom field of type "Notes" which might be similarly causing the issue (assuming that my theory for the cause is correct). Could you try hiding any of these other fields to see if that might have any effect? Of course that may not actually be a viable workaround for your organization, but it might at least give support some additional information.
      • We tried all of that and it didn't work. Everything support suggested did not work so whatever they did last week when they connected via a tether seems to have fixed the problem.
      • Interesting. Sorry I had overlooked that comment above. Glad it is working for you now.
Please log in to comment
0
In our case, this issue was caused by a single ticket. Managed to work out the ticket # based on the time that the error appeared.

I accessed the ticket by manually entering the ticket ID in the URL. I cleared the Name and Summary fields off the offending ticket, saved it and the issue went away.
Answered 12/16/2015 by: cpala_palaris2
White Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Yes this is happening in all browsers. We have cleared the cache reset to default and it is still happening. Support had me delete column views and then reset the default view and that made the problem worse. I added 3 more column views and then reset the default and that fixed some of the views but not all but then we couldn't read the columns because there was too much information. I turned off all rules, tried different browsers,cleared cache on browsers,rebooted the Kbox with DB check.  This problem is over a month old and support has no clue what to do and the fact that they asked me today if they could close the ticket  to me was unacceptable. 
Answered 11/18/2015 by: scarpent
Second Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity

Share