Hi All, 

I have been facing this issue for a while now, Whenever I try deploying Java 8 u 60 package from SCCM it fails to install. But if I try with exactly same command manually it works (with same level access as in SCCM). It gives the below Error:

There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: installexe, location: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\installer.exe, command: /s INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_60\\" WEB_JAVA=1 WEB_ANALYTICS=0 EULA=0 NOSTARTMENU=1 INSTALL_SILENT=1 AUTO_UPDATE=0 SPONSORS=0 REPAIRMODE=1 ProductCode={26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F83218060F0}

Please help if any one has a fix. :-(

Thanks in Advance. 
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Community Chosen Answer

Extract and use the MSI. That way, you can add logging to the process. You can also use a transform to add the deployment files. Without those in place - and I strongly advise you to use the systemwide scenario - your users will be badgered with the 'out of date' message when Oracle decides to update JRE.

The details are all over IT Ninja.
Answered 09/24/2015 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment


The best way I have found is to install Java on a pc and then go to the appdata folder located here: C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Oracle\Java\jre1.8.0_60 and copy the jre1.8.0_60.msi file to your software folder used for SCCM deployment. Then set up your java Application for deployment using this msi file. Add your switches or whatever you need. I have been doing this for many years and have never had an issue deploying Java to the thousands of computers I manage.  
Answered 10/07/2015 by: steve.durfee
White Belt

Please log in to comment
Here is the way I managed to get 8u60 deployed using SCCM

I created a powershell shell script that would create the c:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java folder if it didnt exist, and then copy a java.settings.cfg file into it.

Java.setting.cfg contents

I then extracted the MSI form the JRE exe, and set up an application using the following commands:
msiexec /i "jre1.8.0_60.msi" /q NOSTARTMENU=Enable
and made the folder copy a dependency. All seems to work.
Answered 09/25/2015 by: Tracy39
White Belt

  • Sorry for the very late reply but the solution works perfectly for me and also for new version 8u66. Kudos !!
Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity