Java 188.8.131.52 Upgrade/Installation of 184.108.40.206 - SCCM shows success, nothing on client and uninstall broken?
I have an installation running on a test PC - we are doing this on 32bit Windows 7 - I have a cmd file that basically:
- Installs 220.127.116.11 (calling the msi, using some switches to run bits off)
- Then, it will uninstall the old versions using a wmi query
I do it this way, so the system has at least one version, so no chance of a problem and being left without.
I create an advert and set to install on log off/no user logged on, to overcome Internet Explorer open issues.
I get success in SCCM reports, but nothing on desktop - only the old version still, so the job definately has not ran.
Going back to manually testing, when I try and uninstall java, I get an error about a dll and have to run a javafix tool I found.
Anyone else having ball ache trying to deploy to these versions?
1. As part of my script can I copy back in the dll each time to avoid having a broken installation?
2. Read somehwere creating an MST may help - what attributes should I look for?
3. Any general help or tips to deploy better would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance