Is there a way to modify and view all fields in assets when we have added some custom fields ?
We have added a number of fields to an asset category and now when we view that Asset Type we only see 6 columns on the screen and no way to scroll to the right to see the reminder. Is there a way we can adjust the column size to be able to view more columns?
Community Chosen Answer
You do not have all the options that servicedesk has, but there is a little known feature that when you switch the View By to a specific type then the columns displayed will be the first 6 columns of that asset type definition. By changing the order of the columns for that type you change 5 of the 6 are displayed on the list view. The first column is always the asset name field
The exception to this is the software type which has an installed, licensed and in use count columns.
p.s. if you login to k1000/adminui you get a more complete URL. Here's a URL for the asset list view of software http://kbox54/adminui/assets.php?ASSET_TYPE_ID=6
p.p.s. if you really like to dive into assets you might find this interesting:
- Use Google chrome
- log in to http://k1000/adminui
- go to Assets tab. url should now be http://k1000/adminui/assets.php (not http://k1000/admin)
- click on any asset. you shoud now in in the Asset Detail: page of it
- click on the Dell icon of the extension.
- Accept all the defaults
- When the pop-up displays choose asset clarity
- Hover over your items to reveal what's behind the scenes
Note: You can use a different browser with a bookmarklet NOT a chrome extension though. contact me if you want the bookmarklet code