install viso standard 2007
I need urgent help with creating a script or such to install visio standard 2007 (KACE)
Community Chosen Answer
Setup for this is pretty easy. I have done it for my Org.
- Extract Viso from the ISO onto your hard drive. Lets say you did it right to C:\visio
- Setup a Visio .msp file. To do this, run the setup.exe with the /admin switch. Example: c:\visio\setup.exe /admin
- Set your Org name
- Set you Licensing information - KMS or MAK
- Accept the license agreement
- Set your Display settings for a progress bar or not - None, Basic or Full. None = silent
- Change anything else you want to change. The above should do everything fine if you want it basic.
- Save the .msp file to the "Updates" folder where your Viso is extracted to. In our example c:\visio\updates
- Zip all the folders\files in the c:\visio folder. IMPORTANT: do not zip the visio folder, zip the contents INSIDE the folder.
- Go to your K1000 > Distribution > Choose Action > Add New. Select the software you want to associate the zip installer with. If you havent created it before, select "Also Show Software without and Associated File" then filter for Visio.
- Upload & Associate New File - Browse for your Zip of Visio
- Run Parameters = setup.exe
- Set Managed action of when to install
- Select the computers you want to distribute to and other settings you want.