How to package Kofax Capture 10?
I am trying to package Kofax Capture 10 now. The official installation guide has a section to install the package using MSI. The package also has many prerequisites as below:
Sentinel Key Driver 7.5.0 or later
Visual C++ 2005 Runtime Service Pack 1 (32-bit version)*
Visual C++ 2008 Runtime Service Pack 1 (32-bit version)*
Visual C++ 2010 Runtime Service Pack 1 (32-bit version)*
.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
Visual Basic 6.0 Runtime Service Pack 6
I am trying to package the above prerequisites one by one excluding the ones already in our production image, e.g. .net framework 3.5sp1.
My question is, how to repackage VRS?
I have tried to use "msiexec /i kofax VRS.msi /qb" to install it. But a "Kofax VRS Administratiron Console" window popped up. I had to click on Next button, then click on Next on the page of selecting a fax machine. Any way to make the package complete silent install?
Community Chosen Answer
I have created Kofax capture 9.0 application. Please check this may be helpful for you.
(1) This is a setup which will get installed from server location.
(2) This setup will install VC++ 2005 and 2008 SP’s, Virtual Rescan, Sentinel Drivers, Wibu Drivers and Kofax Capture application.
(3) Virtual Rescan is a setup which will call vendor msi with 1033.MST. So do the modifications in 1033.MST which are necessary (root drive, reboot suppress etc..)
Installed setupof virtual Rescan with
/S /V"INSTALLDIR=\"%PROGRAMFILES%\Kofax\Capture\ImgCtls\" /qn %VENDOR_LOG1%"
(4) Sentinel Driver setup will install one msi, but need to call the sentinel driver with the below parameters.
/S /V"ADDLOCAL=\"USB_Driver,Parallel_Driver\" /qn %VENDOR_LOG2%"
(5) Wibu drivers are a setup32.exe which will install some drivers and files/registries. This we can make silent by making some changes in the setup.ini file which is available with setup32.exe and call this exe directly which will install silently.
(6) Finally Kofax capture application will get installed with vendor msi. we need to call this with mst by doing necessary changes in the mst and passing below arguments.
/i "%INST%\KofaxCapture\Capture.msi" TRANSFORMS="%INST%\KofaxCapture\ZFS-ENG-KofaxCapture-9.0-NAFO-R1.mst" SETTINGS="%TEMP%\CaptureMSI1.txt" /qn %VENDOR_LOG3%
CaptureMSI1.txt file will have below information in it.
We need to copy the file first into %Temp% location, then wrote one vb script to modify the STATION_ID by getting the computer name of the installation build then passed this argument to the mst.
(7) Finally update of kofax capture called with /S command if it is there.