How can we get machines that are stuck "Downloading" after patches ran to complete their patching?
K1000 - v6.3.113399
Agent - 6.3.314
This issue - So far, I've only seen it on Windows Svr 2008 R2 and 2012 R2
"the change" - We removed the Luis patch labels from the bottom of the subscriptions page
Luis labels in question - * Luis App test 3 & * Luis OS Critical Patches 3
ISSUE: When we remove all labels from the Subscription page's Manage Associated Labels button (Img # 2), we get machines that patch, but then get stuck in the Downloading phase after rebooting and verifying.
After 6 years, we recently changed the subscription settings to include ALL patches and ALL types. The actual patch schedules still use the Luis patch labels to deploy the same patches so we're at a loss as to why what we download causes a problem with what we deploy when we deploy the same things as always and haven't restricted anything. We only opened up the downloads, but the deployments should only be concerned with their labels.
Patching ran normally and the machines have been rebooted. It's been an hour and they are still "downloading". The order was Patch > alert > Reboot > Verify > Downloading. When I check the "Deployment Scheduled" for both servers, all 8 patches that Kace attempted to deploy are "Not Patched".
I enabled debugging after they entered into the Downloading phase. This first happened in August when the subscription change was first made. I reversed that change for September's patch run and all was good. But it's been changed again so that we are getting ALL patches. We would like to keep it downloading all patches to compensate for the differences between Lumension\PatchLink and Microsoft.
Img # 1
Img # 2