Posted this question in the wrong forum initially...

When I import users into the Help Desk/Users area, the username is mapped to the samaccount name.
It looks like the scheduled Settings/Control Panel/User Authentication LDAP routine isn't doing the same mapping though and the display name is used instead of the samaccount for the username.

So when a user logs in, the Help Desk/Users list shows two entries for each person.
1 shows:
username = smith, joe
username = jsmith

These are the LDAP queries:

Help Desk Import: (&(&(&(&(&(&(primaryGroupID=513)(!(CN=IUSR*)))(!(CN=Admin*)))(!(CN=SQL*)))(!(CN=IWAM*)))(!(CN=*Template)))(!(CN=Guest*)))

Scheduled User Authentication: (&(&(&(&(&(&(&(primaryGroupID=513)(!(CN=IUSR*)))(!(CN=Admin*)))(!(CN=SQL*)))(!(CN=IWAM*)))(!(CN=*Template)))(!(CN=Guest*)))(samaccountname=KBOX_USER))

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
You should be able to modify the schedule so it pulls samaccountname.

It sounds like someone fat fingered the schedule configuration the first time.
Answered 05/09/2011 by: dchristian
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
I am not seeing where this setting is though.
Answered 05/09/2011 by: ewoodcock
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Scheduled settings are at Settings-->User Authentication page, go into edit mode, then click the red alarm clock (that's the universal icon for schedules I'm told)
Answered 05/10/2011 by: cblake
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
1
I see what it's doing now.

I had two External LDAP server authentications running to the same server and it kept complaining when I tried to edit the schedule saying that the schedule was already set up. I finally figured out what the connection was to the LDAP schedule and the server and it did not have the LDAP fields referenced like it did in the import. I pointed one LDAP schedule to one (users) server and one (admins) to another server. It took a few saves to get the correct role to be assigned to each LDAP schedule, but I think it should work now.

I could see the schedule icon but it wasn't cooperating when I clicked on it and it wasn't really clear that's where I needed to be to fix the field associations. After going to the help and searching on schedules it started to make sense.

Thanks
Answered 05/10/2011 by: ewoodcock
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity