Can someone tell me why a software package in SCCM 2007 doesn`t install when it`s part of a task sequence but when i deploy it individually to running PC`s it works fine.  I get hashing mismatch errors.

Any input would be apreciated.  Thanks

0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Community Chosen Answer


I think that the solution might be found here, it would seem you have extended ASCII characters in a file name:

4. SMSTS error “Hash could not be matched for the downloaded content”. When deploying a software package in SCCM 2007 via a Task Sequence, and that package contains files with names containing extended ASCII characters, the Task Sequence may fail with an error code 80004005. An example would be something like the Spanish word año where there’s a tilde over the ‘n.’

I've seen a similar issue when a file name has a '+' in it. I've had to rename the file and then use a vbscript to rename it back to the correct name and launch the msiexec  commands once it's down in the client cache of the target machine.

Hope that helps,


Answered 10/24/2012 by: dunnpy
Red Belt

Please log in to comment



We were not able to pinpoint the probleme but we did find a solution.  Instead of copying the files from the DP to the client we ran the installation from the DP, therefore eliminating the hash checking alltogether.

Answered 11/09/2012 by: KevinViolette
Fourth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity