Hi
I have a little problem.
We install different MSIs in connection by using a special "container-parser".

My problem now:
I have an msi that includes an AppSearch. If this AppSearch does not respond the nescessary values there is an CA19 that terminates the installation. But if the installation is terminated this way it does not finish as "successfully installed".
Is there a possibility to end an MSI without installing but with reporting Error/Exit Code "successfully installed"

thx for ideas
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
ORIGINAL: Wolfgang74
I have a little problem.
We install different MSIs in connection by using a special "container-parser".
My problem now:
I have an msi that includes an AppSearch. If this AppSearch does not respond the nescessary values there is an CA19 that terminates the installation. But if the installation is terminated this way it does not finish as "successfully installed".
Is there a possibility to end an MSI without installing but with reporting Error/Exit Code "successfully installed"
thx for ideas

no....OK, I'll bite...why do you want an app reported as successfully installed when it is not?
If you actually want the app to install you can remove the CA or change the condition?....
Answered 02/11/2009 by: aogilmor
Ninth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Our "containers" how i mentioned act like a kind of batch file.
Our container parser runs one MSI after the other. But if one installation fails the whole containers gets stopped.
Normally thats OK for me. But now in a special case it would be nice to can go on with the next MSI.
But the parser checks the reported Error Codes. And to go on with the next MSI-package the previous must report "success".

I think by breaking with CA19 it reports me a 1603 and thats the problem.
I just need to find a possibility to manipulate or create the reporting exit code.

I know that a little bit crazy ;-) - But it would be nice for me
Answered 02/12/2009 by: Wolfgang74
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Try setting the ProductState using the WI Automation object in script. I can't recall what the value is for 'Installed' or 'Advertised' but MSDN will have it. It will probably have example code as well.
Answered 02/12/2009 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Thanks

It seems that i have found a kind of dirty solution for my problem.
The package includes an AppSearch for Reg-Keys. If these key do not exist there was a CA19.
Now i changed a little bit.
According to the AppSearch i change the InstallLevel of the Features.
I set by "condition" the InstallLevel of all Features to 100 for AppSearch does not report what is nescessary by still using "3" as Level for Install.
Without any activated Feature (happy that this package has only "1") the msi runs but does not really install. Even you can not find it installed in ARP afterwards.
The Log shows "success" and in the end i have a "MainEngineThread is returning 0"

Still checking ... but maybe that will fit.

----------------------------------------------------------------
PS. Hope my english is OK ;-)
Answered 02/12/2009 by: Wolfgang74
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity