Hi,
I have to add 2 updated files in my old msi, which installs addin. But even if I add them with there respective registries, addin does not come.
My old msi is working and installing addins. for testing purpose, I deleted those components and tried to add everything (same files and registries)which was present in those components, but strange my old msi stopped working.

In my previous post,
http://itninja.com/question/faulttree-102105
VBSCAB has suggested to use excel automation script for the same.

guys I have not done this before, can anybody post such a sample script for the same?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Is it me, folks? Is it?

Is it THAT hard to click the 'Search' link and type in a keyword?
Answered 08/30/2009 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
[:)] if you have any sample script for the same, then please post.
Answered 08/31/2009 by: abking99
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
This approach seemed to work last time (http://itninja.com/question/faulttree-102105) so.....

Is it THAT hard to click the 'Search' link and type in a keyword?
Answered 09/01/2009 by: VBScab
Red Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hi thanks again.
But the problem is solved. Package was not installing any add-in file. So we could not test it manually, and were not getting any clue. We could think about script, if something is working by doing manual settings.
we wrote mail to client, about the same and client provided us new dll, tlb and compiled msi, which they created, which they forgot to provide previously.
Previously they just gave us 2 files and old msi, and told us to create a new package. we were working on it like a mad. [:@]
Answered 09/01/2009 by: abking99
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity