Copy Profile in Unattend not working.
**Edit: I apologize; my order of steps was incorrect. I did not sysprep the image before capturing the Kimage.
I recently built a new Kace Gold Image with only the very basic windows settings set (Such as using windows Classic), everything else is done through Post Install tasks. I used the ITNinja Sysprep Creator tool to create my unattend file and the ITNinja Sysprep Executor to run sysprep with the unattend file.
The issue is that the profile I ran Sysprep on did not copy over to the default profile. I have checked the unattend file and it does have the line:
Is there any special consideration that needs to be made when using this line?
Here are the steps I did when creating the Gold Image (updated in an edit at 9:27am EST. 5/27/2014):
1. Create image and change settings to make sure everything is set on the "Master" profile.
2. Turn on computer and boot into Kace.
3. Capture a K-image from the computer. (to backup our image as it was told for us to use as best practice.)
5. Run sysprep with the unattend file through the sysprep Executor with the switch to Shutdown. on the profile I want to copy.
6. Turn on and boot into Kace.
7. Capture Wim image.
8. Set basics in the WIM image on the server. (Such as: Turn on using driver feed, get computer name, create single partition, format c:, install win7 mbr)
9. Deploy image to computer - Profile has not been copied.
I have verifyed the unattend file has been applied as the local admin account has been added.
Here is the unattend section with the copy profile tags:
<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ComputerName>*</ComputerName> <CopyProfile>true</CopyProfile> <TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time</TimeZone> <ShowWindowsLive>false</ShowWindowsLive> </component>