Trying out the KACE appliance, I pushed the agent out to a couple domain member 2003 servers and 4 non-domain Windows XP workstations and they all successfully pushed and are running. This was 24 hours ago and none of them have shown up under my inventory, what else am I missing? Where can I check to see what may be happening? Also on the software update section it says something about failing to download updates and to check the server log, I cannot find the server log anywhere?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
My guess is that the hostname you have set under Settings > Network Settings does not resolve. If you look at the amp.log on the target machine, you will see that it is unable to resolve the hostname (likely kbox or k1000).
Answered 09/16/2011 by: scottlutz
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Hah I could have swore I fixed that already but just checked and sure enough it's set to some default so I'll fix this and see if that does it, thanks!
Answered 09/16/2011 by: darkonex
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
If you're not using ssl, if you set a cname record for "kbox" to forward to the real kbox then those machine would connect. If you ever turned off the cname entry those machines would still work as they would now know the true host name to fall back to.
Answered 09/16/2011 by: GillySpy
Seventh Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity