Hello good people of IT Ninja, This is my first post but I have been browsing the site extensively, and it has been a great help to me and my colleagues since we started implementing K1000 in our organization.

I have recently started configuring replication shares on our K1000 and up to now it all worked really smooth. However, since the day I had to upload a file to the client drop share in order to assign it to a managed installation i began having issues.
To put things into perspective I had to upload a 3.7 GB zip file to the client drop share in order to create a managed installation for Visual Studio 2015. I assigned the file to the software item and then the software to the managed installation and It all worked ok, however, the big issue is that the file is not replicating to our replication shares.
The item appears on the RS as software item to be replicated but despite that and the fact that the window is open for sync, the file is not being copied to the repository. I have allowed a full day in case it was just taking its time but that was not the issue.

Since I am a beginner with this, I might be missing some kind of configuration, so if any of you have any insight in this issue, any input will be greatly appreciated.

PS: We are running version 6.3.113399

Thank you all in advance.

Regards.
Answer Summary:
Cancel
2 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

  • Assuming the replication shares are not local, what is the download bandwidth of the replication shares and what is the upload bandwidth of the K1? You could enable debug on one of the replication shares, force inventory and take a look at the KAgent.log. You should find logging when it attempts to download the file. The easiest way to enable logging is by running “amptools.exe debug=true” https://support.software.dell.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/kb/112035
  • Hi Farley and thank you very much for your suggestion, it was the kick start I needed to answer my own question.

    As far as I could see, the problem was that the zip file was named Visual Studio 2015.zip (note the spaces). Apparently, the spaces were filled with a %20 automatically by Kace and that caused the issue.

    Here is an extract of the log:

    [2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:DownloadUsingCurl ] DownloadFile: Download C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1 from https://k1000.corp.globant.com/packages/9480/Visual%20Studio%202015.zip did not complete
    [2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:FileChecksumMatch ] Local hash of file doesn't match expected: C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1.part: 2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1 (expected) !=edd9f741a5cd3093ce94ece6ba71ec30 (found)
    [2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:ReplicateFile ] ReplicateFile: download failed and part file C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1.part checksum didn't match
    [2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:ReplicateFile ] ReplicateFile: download failed, if interrupted, keeping part file

    Notice how the file name is changed to Visual%20Studio%202015.zip

    After noticing this, I changed the file name to VisualStudio2015.zip and it replicated to the RS without issues.

    It is weird though since the MD5 check should be the same despite the name of the file, so I don't know if my logic is right and that was the actual issue, but I can possitively say that after removing those spaces the file replicated ok.

    Once again thank you very much for your input and I hope this will be useful for someone else.
    • Awesome! I remember having that bug with scripting. Glad you figured it out.
Please log in to comment

Answer Chosen by the Author

0
As far as I could see, the problem was that the zip file was named Visual Studio 2015.zip (note the spaces). Apparently, the spaces were filled with a %20 automatically by Kace and that caused the issue.

Here is an extract of the log:

[2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:DownloadUsingCurl ] DownloadFile: Download C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1 from https://k1000.corp.globant.com/packages/9480/Visual%20Studio%202015.zip did not complete
[2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:FileChecksumMatch ] Local hash of file doesn't match expected: C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1.part: 2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1 (expected) !=edd9f741a5cd3093ce94ece6ba71ec30 (found)
[2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:ReplicateFile ] ReplicateFile: download failed and part file C:\Repository\repl2\software\9480\Visual Studio 2015.zip.2eb6ef69e7eeebe2e532b2996a8431c1.part checksum didn't match
[2015-10-07.10:43:49][pluginWeb:ReplicateFile ] ReplicateFile: download failed, if interrupted, keeping part file

Notice how the file name is changed to Visual%20Studio%202015.zip

After noticing this, I changed the file name to VisualStudio2015.zip and it replicated to the RS without issues.

It is weird though since the MD5 check should be the same despite the name of the file, so I don't know if my logic is right and that was the actual issue, but I can possitively say that after removing those spaces the file replicated ok.
Answered 10/07/2015 by: Glaporte
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment

Answers

This content is currently hidden from public view.
Reason: Removed by member request
For more information, visit our FAQ's.

Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity