I just updated to 6.0.101863 a couple of days ago.  Since then, I can't browse to the host name by going \\kace1000.  If I use the IP address, it works fine.  I can put the host name in a web browser and get to the GUI no problem.  This seems to be causing some issues, such as when I try to deploy the agent - "Tye system cannot find the file specified" when it tries to look in "//kace1000/client.....".  I can ping kace1000 and get a reply with the correct IP address.

0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Answers

0

Is the samba settings enabled? Go to Settings > Security > "Enable file sharing" . Perhaps it's been unticked in the update?

Answered 05/26/2014 by: LBarclay
Orange Senior Belt

  • Yes, it is enabled. I've seen this happen before (not on K1000 though) when the time hasn't been set correctly. However, the time on the K1000 and the desktops is exactly the same in this case.
    • Just tested it with ours, not upgrade yet, and it's doing the same actually. Work's with IP as you say. Did used to work however.
      • Have you changed the hostname to something other than the default?
Please log in to comment
0

Can you check your DNS settings to see if there are 2 records for your KACE box IP address please? Found that we had a DNS record for the original kace box host name, and one for the hostname we changed it too. This hasn't affected anything else except from this. 


Hopefully that makes sense. 

Answered 05/26/2014 by: LBarclay
Orange Senior Belt

  • I only have one DNS record for it - the name that I changed it to when I first got it a few years ago and that's been working right along.
Please log in to comment
0

Check this kb article out:

http://www.kace.com/support/resources/kb/solutiondetail?sol=125812

Answered 05/26/2014 by: jegolf
Red Belt

  • but this also affected the 5.5
Please log in to comment
0

I'm struggling with the same problem myself. In addition to being unable to browse the Samba share w/ the hostname, we are unable to manually provision the agent through the K1000.

I've had a case open with Dell support for about a week and a half now, and have been shuffled around to about 4 techs and the most that we've discovered is that you can browse the share by enabling Kerberos DES encryption for the user account in AD. Not really a fix, considering that doing this causes issues with other apps in our environment. This also did not resolve the problem with us being unable to perform manual provisioning.

Answered 05/27/2014 by: Michael4732
Orange Senior Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity