When I run the application as user, it repair itself everytime. The event log shows this info:
Detection of product '{1A0AE597-8515-4F06-9FEC-ED4E4173A0EB}', feature 'Complete', component '{B86D8750-4235-4956-8D1F-5F2CD9A20123}' failed. The resource 'C:\Documents and Settings\PKG04\Application Data\Microsoft\HTML Help\hh.dat' does not exist.
It seems the hh.dat does not get installed in the user account. the app run fine as admin.
Any input how to fix this.
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments


Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.



I would suggest at least making this file not a key file, so it won't trigger a self repair - but you should consider removing this file from your package - the hh.dat file contains preferences for Windows Help, things like favourites for help, keywords searched for in help etc (see http://www.helpware.net/htmlhelp/hh_info.htm for more info).

Hope that helps.


Answered 07/10/2006 by: plangton
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
steps to fix app. that does self repair more that once!

1. I run event viewer to see which file( under which directory) the application is trying to repair.
2. I went to Directory table(setup editor) and I deleted the directory mention above.
3. I used F4 to find errors and delete them( the error are related to the file or the directory-deleted- mention above.)
My application is working just fine. Thanks to [:)]PAUL and [:D]Appdeploy.
feel free to add more detail to this.
Answered 07/11/2006 by: assuom1
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity