About a week ago or a little more, SCCM advertisements stopped working: none of the clients would pick them up. We eventually determined that the SSL cert had expired, so we got that renewed. Then we had to give the site server permission to publish the new certificate to Active Directory.

And yet, computers are still not receiving advertisements. Status is "no messages have been received." We were hoping that SCCM would fix itself in a few days but that hasn't happened, so there must be something else that we need to do. I've been combing through the logs on both the clients and server but haven't found any errors. Any suggestions?

SCCM 2007
Windows 2008 R2 SP 1
Clients are XP, Vista, and 7
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
It appears that this problem only affected computers to which I tried to push advertisements while the certificate was expired. Of course, those were the ones that I first tested once the certificate was renewed, too. Those clients never received new advertisements: I suppose they still thought the certificate was expired.

Anyway, reinstalling the client did not help, but uninstalling the client first (ccmsetup.exe /uninstall) and then installing it fixed the problem. They're getting their updates now.
Answered 11/11/2011 by: deerstalker
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Aha Yes! You are right @deerstalker it was the problem with only some computers whose certificate got expired.
Answered 01/02/2012 by: RobertyKathy
Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity