I've got a nice new package for Adobe Reader 7.0.5 (the full install, not a patched 7.0.0), complete with my transform with all the fixin's... and it works beautifully.

However, when I install it via SMS 2003 SP1, it installs very slowly, taking 10 minutes or more.

Installing straight from the network share on the same PC takes less than 2 minutes.

What gives? Any ideas?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
Thats really odd. I didn't see the same behavior when I had to package the same app. For your distribution point did you tell it to make a compressed image?
Answered 11/23/2005 by: AngelWorks
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Nope, I/we don't used compressed source images... no need.

Actually, I cross-posted this question to the Wise Packaging newsgroups as well, and there someone suggested trying a "download first" advertisement, even though it wasn't strickly necesary in this case, and we don't often need or choose that on our network. Sure enough, that solved the problem for Adobe Reader!

Strange but true. Oh well... thanks for the input.
Answered 11/23/2005 by: ewall
Purple Belt

Please log in to comment
0
Well thats definately something to write down and save for later :).
Answered 11/23/2005 by: AngelWorks
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity