For some reason I'm having a very difficult time setting permissions with AdminStudio. I first tried applying them directly the a folder or file which didn't work. Then I tried adding them via the component that created a folder or file. When deploying the repackaged software via AD these permissions are not getting set.

I made sure that I was adding all permissions including system default permissions as this method is supposed to re-create and not append to permissions. I need to be able to do this from a single package with or without a transform and no external scripts. Any ideas?
0 Comments   [ + ] Show Comments

Comments

Please log in to comment

Rating comments in this legacy AppDeploy message board thread won't reorder them,
so that the conversation will remain readable.

Answers

0
to what users are you applying the persmission,

usually it will be Users, Administrators, SYSTEM.
Administrators will have full Permissions
SYSTEM will have Full,

Also check if there is a policy that is re-applying the permissions on the machine after you install the application.
Answered 08/30/2006 by: bheers
Second Degree Blue Belt

Please log in to comment
0
A good test is to leave the domain name blank and add the username "Everyone". Then assign full permissions.
You really shouldn't use the lock permission table to assign rights though. Here's a link to using SetACL for folder permissions with AdminStudio 7.5, my last post in this thread is the one you want:
http://itninja.com/question/adding-a-file-to-a-vendor-supplied-msi5&mpage=1&key=䣟
Answered 08/30/2006 by: turbokitty
Sixth Degree Black Belt

Please log in to comment
0
awesome! thanks!
Answered 08/30/2006 by: KrakaJap
Senior Yellow Belt

Please log in to comment
Answer this question or Comment on this question for clarity