10.6 Client not checking in
Hello, I'm a technician at a university that's deployed K1000 and K2000. I have noticed some of our Macs that run 10.6.x won't report to the K1000 even though the Agent is installed and running.
I've tracked it down to the following error message (in bold italics) when running runkbot 2 0, but I don't know how to fix it:
XXXmac-L000865:bin admin$ sudo ./runkbot 2 0 Password: kbot[0:0] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (activity) Running kbot: runkbot 2 0 Kbot [2-0] not found locally, downloading ... kbot[0:0] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (activity) Validating kbot xml kbot[0:0] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (status) Kbot xml /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/data/kbots_cache/2-1305145611_expanded.xml, Validation Success kbot[0:0] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (activity) Validation complete kbot[2:0] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (status) START kbot[2:1305145611] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:53 (activity) Launching program: '/Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/bin/KBoxClient.exe' '-server=kbox1.XXX.edu -urltype=https -company="$(KACE_COMPANY_NAME)" -splash="$(KACE_SPLASH_TEXT)" -fade=1 -notifyevent=' wait='true' sh: KACE_COMPANY_NAME: command not found sh: KACE_SPLASH_TEXT: command not found dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/bin/../lib-darwin-10.4-x86/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.bundle Expected in: dynamic lookup dyld: Symbol not found: _Perl_Tstack_sp_ptr Referenced from: /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/bin/../lib-darwin-10.4-x86/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.bundle Expected in: dynamic lookup KreateProcessCaptureOutput: child terminated with signal: 5 kbot[2:1305145611] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:54 (output) ProcessOps_LaunchProgram: Launch failed: 0 exitCode=0 kbot[2:1305145611] @ 2012-12-05T15:49:54 (status) FINISH (in state 'remediation_failed') UploadFile: Uploaded to https://kbox1.XXX.edu/service/kbot_upload.php?BAD_MAC_IP=10.1.23.192&filename=KBOT_LOG.txt&mac=DDF5302074E04781A4CFA469104A45CB
Upload speed: 0.000000 bytes/second Cleaning up log file [/var/tmp/tmp.0.JXJcCK]
Community Chosen Answer
After a lot of back and forth email with KACE support, and finally getting a webex with someone, I got a fix from their engineering department:
After reviewing the logs, engineering has asked that you rename ( mv) the
following: /Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/lib-darwin-10.4-x86 to
/Library/Application Support/Dell/KACE/old_lib-darwin-10.4-x .
After running sudo runkbot 2 0 again, this time the machine checks in successfully!
The only problem is that if you have a large number of Macs on your campus, you'd need to check each one individually to see if they're checking in or not, as there's no way for the kbox to know if a machine has never checked in.