Over nearly several years the usage of Gmail has been increased. Gmail users put a lot of information in their respective account. Some of the information like bank statements, business reports, general correspondence, etc. however, it is always possible that this Gmail data could wipe out from. Therefore, it is recommended to create a backup of Gmail account. In the following section, we will discuss the ultimate solution to create a backup of Gmail account manually and automatically.
Method 1: Settings in Gmail
- Firstly, login to Gmail account by putting in the credentials. Then, go to the “Mail Settings”
- Click on the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
- Under “POP Download” choose the first option “Enable POP for all mail”
- Now, click on the option of “Save Changes”
- Once your email is configured for download the emails, always remember to open it periodically to backup.
Method 2: Google Takeout
- Go to Google Takeout
- Choose that data you want to download and then, select “Next”
- Select file type and also, delivery method
- Now, you need to wait for the email. You will receive a file or an email on Google drive along with the backed up database
Method 3: Download Gmail Backup
- Firstly, download Gmail Backup and then, install it. Visit here to download: https://code.google.com/p/gmail-backup-com/
- Go to the directory of the program by opening your command or terminal
- Run the program and replace “dir” with that name of the directory you want to use and your email address with the password.
Method 4: Apple Mail
- To begin you need to click on Mail >> Preferences
- Now, click on “Accounts” tab
- Click on the plus sign (+) to add a new account
- Now, Put in Name in the “Full name field”
- Then, enter your Gmail address in the Email Address field. Also, enter your Gmail password
- Once you did that, put a check in the box, which is next to “Automatically set up your account”
- Finally, click on Create.
Method 5: Outlook Express
- First of all, click on Tool >> Accounts >> ADD >> Mail
- Now, enter your name and click “Next”
- Enter your Email address then, type “pop.gmail.com” in the incoming (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) mail server field
- Type in “smtp.gmail.com” in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field and click “Next”
- Now, enter your email address along with the password and then, click “Next” followed by “Finish”
- Under the Account highlight “pop.gmail.com”. Click on “Properties” and then click on Advanced tab.
- Fill in this information as mentioned below
2) In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) enter 465
3) Check the box next to “This server requires a secure connection” under Outgoing mail server
4) Check the box next to “This server requires a secure connection” under Incoming mail server. The port will change to 995.
- Now, return to the server tab and click on the box, which is next to “My server requires authentication”. Then, click on “OK”
Method 6: Thunderbird
- Firstly, open Thunderbird and enter your Gmail username and also, Google password
- All your email will be downloaded by Thunderbird
Note: You cannot get the backup of sent emails by this method.
Method 7: Windows Mail
- Click Tools menu >> Accounts >> Add
- Now, choose Email account and then, click “Next”
- Enter your name in the given field of outgoing messages. Click “Next” and then, enter your Gmail address
Fill in the given fields as mentioned below:
1) In Incoming mail server type in POP3
2) Incoming mail (POP3 or IMAP) server: pop.gmail.com. Google app users need to enter the server name not the domain name
3) Outgoing e-mail server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
4) Outgoing server requires authentication should be “enabled”
- Once you have done that click on “Next”. Now, enter email address along with the password
- Click on “Next”. Check the box, which is next to “Do not download my e-mail at this time”. Click on “Finish”
- Make sure that your pop.gmail.com mail is selected on the internet Accounts screen. Click on “Properties”
- Enter 465 in the box, which is next to the box of Outgoing mail, on the advance tab. Also, check to the box, which is next to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)”.
- Again you need to make a check on the box, which is next to “This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)" under Incoming mail (POP3). This would be automatically updated to 995 to the box, which is next to incoming mail.
- Finally, click on “OK” and then, close the internet Accounts window.
Method 8: Backup in Hotmail
- Enter your Gmail credentials in Hotmail
- It will automatically your Gmail emails and contacts to Windows Live Hotmail.
Method 9: Backup using Outlook
- Launch Outlook in your system, then click on File >> Add button
- Now, your account on Outlook by putting in the credentials and click on “Next”
- Once you have done that, you will see all your Gmail Emails on Outlook.
Method 10: Expert Solution
Users can use a tool namely Gmail backup tool and create the backup of all the Emails of Gmail. This tool gives the backup of all your Gmail data in a trouble free way and retains the data integrity. This is how this tool works:
- To run Gmail email backup tool click on Start >> All Programs >> Gmail Backup
- Type in the credentials of Gmail account and then, click on Login
- You will get a pop-up “You will be redirected to browser for authentication” click on “OK”
- Now, you need to sign in to your Gmail account. After this, the software will ask for the authentication to proceed further click on “Accept”
- Once you click on accept, it will redirect you to the software’s interface. You need to select required format of the Email
- Now, you need to choose the destination where you want to save the backup files and click on “OK”
- When you proceed further you will see an Additional option like:
Apply Filter: This filter option provides two options one is “Folder Selection” and other is “Time Interval”.
- Now, choose the filters options as per your requirement and go ahead.
- Once you made all the choices, click on “Start” to begin the process of backup Gmail emails.
- The software will show this screen as shown in the figure once the process is started.
- A pop-up screen will come as soon as the process is completed. Click on “OK” and you will get Gmail backup.
After understanding the need of Gmail email account backup we have discussed, the Ultimate solution to create a backup of Gmail account manually and automatically. These are the top 10 ways using, which users can easily create the backup of Gmails emails. Among all of the discussed ways, the best way to create a backup of Gmail email account is by using Gmail Backup Tool as it makes the backup process very easy.