This is a one-time post to announce the release of Local Update Publisher, an open source local publisher for WSUS which uses the WSUS API. It is intended for use by system administrators in deploying applications and updates to computers in a domain or workgroup. Local Update Publisher is running code, under active development, and is looking for both developers and testers.
Home page: http://www.localupdatepublisher.com
- Publish applications to domain or workgroup.
- Create rules to define installation behavior.
- Monitor progress of installation.
- Use WSUS groups for approvals.
- Utilizes existing WSUS infrastructure.
- Support for multiple parent and child servers.
- .NET 3.5 or higher
- WSUS Remote Console if connecting to WSUS server remotely.
For more information, please go to http://www.localupdatepublisher.com.