New Virtual Kontainer Technology Creates, Deploys, and Manages Virtual Applications from Anywhere, Dramatically Cutting Time and Costs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - March 24, 2009 - KACE, the leading systems management appliance company, today announced KACE Virtual Kontainers to help companies dramatically simplify the distribution and management of applications. This announcement, which signifies KACE's entry into the exploding application virtualization market, comes on the heels of new Forrester Business Data Services (BDS) research that reported a whopping 74 percent of small-to-medium sized businesses are looking to desktop and application virtualization to solve their costly PC management challenges.
Application virtualization solutions are notorious for their high-cost and complexity. KACE Virtual Kontainers, the first technology innovation resulting from KACE's acquisition of Computers in Motion, provides users with an easier, faster, and significantly less expensive alternative for creating, deploying, and managing virtual applications. What's more, KACE offers all these functions via a single, integrated Web-based console. KACE Virtual Kontainers is the newest addition to KACE's award-winning KBOX family of systems management and deployment appliances and the latest technology innovation that saves customers significant time and money.
"Application virtualization is playing an increasingly important role in helping IT organizations navigate challenging economic times. The incredible cost and time savings that KACE Virtual Kontainers offers is game-changing for organizations of all sizes," said Marty Kacin, president, CTO, and co-founder of KACE. "KACE has created a product that offers all the resource-saving benefits of past solutions and more, while at the same time eliminating the complexity. With this new technology, KACE has torn down the barriers allowing organizations to reap the benefits of application virtualization."
With KACE Virtual Kontainers, KACE pushes traditional application virtualization technologies to a new level by extending the benefits beyond the features typically associated with these solutions. Some of the new features of KACE Virtual Kontainers include:
- Application Isolation - isolated applications eliminate the need for traditional application installation and removal to avoid the decay that occurs when installing and removing application files over time;
- Simple and Fully Automated Creation Ã¢Â€Â“ KACE Virtual Kontainers are easily created without the need of specialized skills so experienced (and more expensive) personnel need not waste time learning yet another way of doing business; Centralized Appliance-Based Management Ã¢Â€Â“ centralized management provides an intuitive Web-based console that allows management of the entire application lifecycle from anywhere via an easy to deploy appliance;
- Active Metering and Control Ã¢Â€Â“ in order to better manage the use of applications across a corporate network, active metering enables complete control of where and when applications may be executed based on location, hours used, and even on the number of available licenses to enforce concurrent license limits.
"KACE Virtual Kontainers will make it easier for us to push applications out to our users, and then manage those applications throughout their lifecycle," says Rick Cahoon, enterprise support manager for Wilbur Ellis, a leading international marketer and distributor of agricultural and industrial products. "By introducing Virtual Kontainers as an integrated part of the KBOX appliance, KACE has made it a snap for midsized organizations like ours to reap the benefits of application virtualization."
KACE saves its customers both time and money. Systems managers from medium-sized enterprises are often forced to wear many hats throughout the day to work on a myriad of IT functions. KACE helps consolidate these functions by providing a single appliance for all projects, while delivering easy-to-use, comprehensive systems management that is affordable. The KBOX family of appliances fulfills all of the systems management needs of a medium enterprise, from initial computer deployment to ongoing management and retirement.
KACE Virtual Kontainers will be generally available in April. Application Kontainers represent the first of additional virtual Kontainer technologies to come from KACE.
KACE is the leading systems management appliance company. The award-winning KBOX(tm) family of appliances delivers easy-to-use, comprehensive systems management capabilities. KACE customers usually install in one day and enjoy the lowest total cost compared to software alternatives.
KACE is headquartered in Mountain View, California. To learn more about KACE and its product offerings, please visit http://www.kace.com or call 1-877-MGMT-DONE.
- KBOX Systems Management Appliances
- KBOX Systems Deployment Appliances
- Virtual KBOX Appliances
- KACE Virtual Kontainers
Kulesa Faul, Inc.