This position will work in the IT Infrastructure department responsible for the packaging and deployment of software to the enterprise. This person will be responsible for creating, deploying, and supporting unattended software installations via repackaging tools and scripting. They will be responsible for the administration and support of the software packaging tool, currently Wise Package Studio but we are migrating to Flexera AdminStudio 2010. This includes not only having technical expertise but also functional expertise of process, procedures and best practices for the packaging and distribution of software.
1. Software Packaging: Develop, test, deploy, and support software packages for both COTS and internally developed applications.
2. Software Distribution: Create, test, execute, and support software distribution plans using Microsoft SMS and Group Policy within Active Directory.
3. Software Certification: Certify software packaged and distributed to the workstations. Certification includes analysis and compatibility testing to ensure new and updated software does not conflict or impact existing applications. Work with application SMEs when reviewing applications for certification.
4. Technical Management: Provide day-to-day maintenance, troubleshooting, and administration of the software packaging tool, currently Wise Package Studio.
5. Customer focused: Interview customer requests for software packaging and distribution to understand their needs, package and distribute the software as requested, and verify software distributed and configured as expected with the customer.
6. Documentation: Create new and update existing documentation pertaining to the packaging system and processes. Design, support, and test disaster recovery procedures for the packaging system. Responsible for establishing and continually improving the policies, procedures and methodologies surrounding the packaging and distribution of software.
7. Performance Management: Takes a proactive stance in identifying performance and availability issues of the packaging and distribution systems and takes action to ensure minimal amount of disruption to customers. Collects and analyzes performance data to provide capacity planning and resource utilization information in support of operational and budget planning processes.
8. Teamwork: Effectively work in a team environment where roles and responsibilities often cross inter-departmental areas. Ability to contribute in a collaborative work environment.
9. Vendor Management: Support the technical relationship with vendors. Partner with vendors to ensure Premera receives timely support and communications from them.
10. Project Management: Leads small to medium-sized technical projects, using standard methodology. Monitors project schedules progress and costs, procures necessary resources to ensure work is completed on time and within budget. Participates in small to medium-sized, matrixed, technical projects as a subject-matter expert providing design and consultative expertise.
11. Reporting: Create automated and ad-hoc reports as necessary for both internal use and as requested by customers.
12. 24x7 Pager Support: Availability to be on-call 24x7 on a rotational basis.
13. Flexible: Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
1. BS/BA degree in a related field such as Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
2. 2+ years of experience developing software packages for distribution in a large, multi-site enterprise network.
3. 2+ years of experience using Wise Package Studio and/or InstallShield.
4. 7+ years of progressive IT experience working with a variety of IT Operational support teams.
5. Knowledgeable in developing software packages in the MSI format.
6. Knowledgeable in utilizing Microsoft SMS and Group Policy within Active Directory to distribute software.
7. Knowledgeable of VBScript, Wise Script, WSH, Windows PowerShell, and/or other scripting languages/tools.
8. Knowledgeable of the Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems, especially at the file system and registry level.
9. Knowledgeable of the SDLC and ITIL processes.
10. Solid understanding of project management fundamentals.
11. Ability to effectively and professionally communicate, both orally and in writing. Interacts successfully within and outside of department.
12. Basic knowledge of Lean principles. Identifies opportunities for lean processes within department and works to eliminate redundancy and waste. Works towards only value-added activities.
13. Values teamwork and engages others. Ability to successfully collaborate within and across departments. Unquestionable ethics & integrity
14. Ability to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution that takes downstream impacts into consideration. Ability to troubleshoot from different perspectives.
15. Shows initiative and willingness to take calculated risks. Shares opinions in order to reach optimal results.
16. Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests. Demonstrated ability to identify root issues and resolve end-to-end.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
1. ITIL Foundation certified.
2. Familiar with Visual Basic and/or Visual C#.
3. MCSE certification.
Work is performed within a normal office environment with ambient temperatures and involving occasional reaching, stretching, bending and moving about.