Caphyon LLC is pleased to announce the release of Advanced Installer Professional 4.7, a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer runs on Windows 2000/XP, and the install packages it creates run on all Microsoft Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP operating systems.
Windows Installer is a powerful, but very complex technology. Mastering it on your own takes months of hard work. That's where Advanced Installer comes to help. It creates a high level abstraction on top of the underlying technology. With a clean, simple user interface, each operation is logical and intuitive. Everything is done in the user interface, without complicated scripts to learn or arcane database tables to edit.
Advanced Installer is built on standard, open formats. The project files are saved as XML files for easy integration with source control systems. Advanced Installer is FREE for the simplest, most common usages. It also offers three additional licensing levels for more sophysticated needs: Professional, For Java and Enterprise.
What's new in Advanced Installer 4.7
The 4.7 version greatly improves the Windows Installer Vista User Account Control (UAC) experience with automatically added (optional) shield icons on MSI dialog buttons, the ability to digitally sign any individual file included in the installation and to configure required execution levels for executable and MSI files.
Various new features include a brand new built-in dialog for selecting the Start Menu group for installing shortcuts, additional Patch Compatibility Tests for easier patch authoring, support for MSDE installation and dialog initialization events in MSI User Interface.
The Advanced Installer application itself has been updated in many areas (including User Interface, execution level and configuration) to ensure flawless operation on Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Extended Digital Signature support to any file for friendlier UAC prompts on Vista
- Digitally signing Java applications and the Auto Updater by default
- Support for Java applications with no Menu Bar or Dock icon in Mac OS X
- Support for Dialog Initialization Events in MSI User Interface
- New built-in dialog for selecting the Start Menu group for installing shortcuts
- Support for MSDE installation in SQL batch scripts
- Configurable Vista UAC requestedExecutionLevel for bootstrapper and Java Class Launcher
The application can be downloaded from:
More details about the application can be found at: