- General Concepts of Windows 10 Imaging
- Creating Windows 10 based KACE Boot Environments
- Downloading and installing Windows 10 PE Driver Packs
- Creating the Boot Environment
- Managing Windows 10 Drivers
- Understanding the Driver Feed
- Using the Driver Feed Builder Tool
- Creating Scripted Installations of Windows 10
- Uploading the Windows 10 media
- Creating the Scripted Install
- Creating System Images
- Creating the unattend.xml file
- Running Sysprep
- Capturing the Image
- Deploying the Image
Kace K2000 3.5 is out:
3.5.76460 is the Update for virtual and physical box.
3.5.73831 is the new RSA.
As everybody knows, the backup of the K1000 (and K2000 too) consists of two files:
kbox_dbdata.gz which holds the database itself and is simply a zipped dump of the database in one file
kbox_files.tgz which holds all stuff which was uploaded to the box (kbots, MI, Scripts etc) which is a zipped tar-archive, which consists all files unzipped
Both files are needed to restore the box to a older version.
Normally you test the backup to be shure that all is fine.
But what to do, if you have only a corrupted backup?
There are some tools for fixing (if possible) the backup files.
Please be aware: as the backup is corrupted you will never be able to restore all files!
http://filerepair.sourceforge.net/ is freeware, runs for a long time, and is able to repair the tgz, the gz file could be repaired too but I wouldn't bet much money on that.
Got reports http://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery/archive-recovery.html would also help, but never tested it, as it costs money. If the demo is working correctly, may be tested.
http://www.datanumen.com/atr/ will help in full version. In the Demo it only shows if the archive can be repaired.
The best chances you may have if you have a Linux box.
A simple tar xifvz FILE will ignore most errors (usually the EOF error)
Also zcat would work great:
At first you should rename it to .tar.gz
then run zcat kbox_files.tar.gz > kbox.tar If it breaks here, you are _REALLY_ doomed.
untar the kbox.tat using tar xif kbox.tar
If you have results (each way) repack the archive and upload it to the box.
Hopefully you will have most of the files remaining.
- An .html overview of your K2000 (version 3.6 and higher) that can identify issues and link to appropriate KB articles.
- Allows for manipulation of KBE that is uploaded to your K2000, including assigning static IP, adding ADSI, ODBC, DCCTK, Command | Configure, .Net4, Powershell, adding custom DOS commands, or uploading custom .wim/.iso's.
- Walks user through creating an unattend file for Windows 7/8/10
- Harvest or extract executible drivers and upload to the K2000.
- Allows saving of computername from workstations or apply new names.
- Toolkit that allows deployment of K2000 captured wims to be streamed
- Script that allows deployment of a default image/scripted install to machines
- Script that will export profiles and .zip them up with a script to deploy them with a K1 or K2
- Script to show the driver feed path of a workstation, via the K1000 or K2000
- Tasks that provide a solution to upgrading a workstation to Windows 10 using the K2000
- A script that will copy the files necessary into USMT so that a Windows 7 deployment is successful with loadstate
- Change the autologon count in an unattend file of a sysprepped image
- Modify the task timeout period of each task on version 3.6 or higher.
- Be able to remote into Windows during Windows PO Tasks
- Pre Installation task that will dismiss the errors when deploying a Windows 7 SI with WinPE4/5
- disables the reboot for dpinst since it is not needed for Windows 7 or higher
- Creates an .html report of exported packages.
- Allows for the deployment of linux kickstart
- A script that behaves similarly to wsname for Windows.
- capture the kuid of a Macintosh system and put it back to the workstation as a midlevel task.
- A script to either maintain screen resolution from each workstation, or assign a new one.
As a limited release, we are posting this patch for the K2000, 3.5 sp1 and 3.6 to support linux kickstart deployments from the petemp\kickstart directory.
*Note: downloading the items require KACE support credentials to be entered.
Enable SSH root logon and reboot the K2000 before applying the patch.
Then read the documentation in full for directions on how to implement this process.
The process does not support RSA deployment of linux at this time.
Please make feel free to comment below on ideas, suggestions or issues.
Back to the K2000 Deployment Workbench Page